- The income and property of the society shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the object of the society as set forth in the Memorandum of the Association and no portion thereof shall be paid to or transferred directly or indirectly to the members of the society.
- No member of the Governing body of the society shall be appointed to any salaried offices of the Association or any office of the Association paid by fees and no remuneration shall be given by the Association to any member of such governing body except repayment of out of pocket exp. & interest on money lent or rent for premises demised to the association.
- The society/Association by its constitution is required to apply it profits, if any, or the other income in promoting its objects.
- If upon the winding up or dissolution of the Association there remains/ after satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities, any property whatsoever, it shall not be distributed among the members of the society, but shall be given or transferred to some other institution having objects similar to the objects of the society to be determined by the members of the society at or before the time of dissolution.
Terms of Admission of Members
- The membership shall be allowed to be operated from union territory of Chandigarh, Panchkula and Mohali.
- Any person who is parent/ guardian /sibling of a person with Down syndrome , professional working in the area of this disability; any other person with disability or any person interested in working for this disability residing in the area of operation can apply for membership.
Consequences of non-payment of subscription fee
In case the any member of “Chandigarh Down Syndrome Society” fails to pay the subscription fee, he will be given a 3 month notice to settle the outstanding fee, failing which his name will be forwarded to the management committee for termination of membership.
Fines and Forfeitures to be imposed on any member.
The managing committee shall impose a fine on a member if he/she
- Fails to pay the subscription in time.
- Works contrary to the objects of the society
- Fails to perform the duties entrusted to him/her
- Misuses society funds
- Indulges in anti society activities.
Categories of Member of the Association
The “Chandigarh Down Syndrome Society” will have only category of membership i.e Life members and they will be called as Fellows of Society.
Resignation and Expulsion of Member/Office bearers
The managing committee shall decide to accept or reject the resignation of member/ members/ office bearer with the majority of votes. The governing body shall have the power to expel a member from the society on the following term and conditions:
- Dies or voluntarily resigns from membership.
- Convicted of an offence involving moral turpitude
- Acts against the interest of the society
- He/ she has not attended three consecutive meetings of the general body without any intimation.
- Is expelled from the membership by the general body of society for any other just reason for betterment of the society and institution run by it.
- The reason of termination from the membership shall be communicated to the member concerned.
- The governing body may at its sole discretion and on and subject to such terms and conditions as the governing body may, in its sole discretion, consider appropriate, readmit any member whose membership has been terminated pursuant to this rule.
Formation of General Body
- All the members of the society will constitute the general body.
- There shall be an annual meeting of the general body in the month of march every year.
- Not less than 15 days notice shall be given to the members before the date of general body meeting and closing the agenda, specifying date, time and place.
Powers and function of General Body
The general body shall exercise the following powers & duties:-
- Election and removal of the managing committee
- Consider the annual report
- Amendment of Bye-Laws
- Decision of policy matters
- Dissolution of the society
Meeting/Quorum of General Body
Presence of 2/3rd members of the society shall be necessary for quorum and at least 15 days notice to members indicating date, time, place of the meeting must be given. Five members shall form the quorum of the managing Committee, if the meeting is adjourned for want of quorum, then the members present shall constitute the quorum for passing adjournment resolution. Meeting shall also be adjourned if President, Vice-President and General Secretary are all absent.
Formation of Governing Body
The Governing Body will be elected through elections after every 3 years. The elections will be held for all the post of Governing Body in the month of March and the new Governing Body will take over on first April and will hand over all the assets and liabilities in the form of balance sheet and audit reports to the new management.
The strength of the Governing Body including details of Office bearers
Mode of election of Governing Body
The Governing Body will be elected after every 3 years in the month of March. The outgoing president will be the resigning officer for election of new Governing Body. The outgoing secretary of the society will invite the nomination for election of new officers and atleast one month notice will be given. The elections will be held by raise of hands in the General body meeting.
Powers and functions of Governing Body
The president will preside over all the meeting of the Governing Body. In the absence of President, the vice president will preside over the meeting. The Governing Body will meet atleast twice in a year or as often as required. The Governing Body will take all decisions in order to fulfill the aims and objectives of the society. All the decisions of the Governing Bodywill be put before the General Body meeting for rectification. The Governing Body will have power to admit new members, take donation and sponsorship against the valid receipt, organize seminar, workshops, conference and take decisive actions against the member working against the interest of society. The Governing Body will also recommend any amendments in the bylaws for approval by the General body.
Meeting/Quorum of Governing Body
- The executive can arrange any meeting at a time and place selected by them for furthering the aims and objectives of the Society.
- The annual meeting of the Society shall be held at least once in the year.
- The quorum for the Business meeting of the executive body will be 75% of members
- The Secretary shall circulate the notice of the executive body meeting along with the agenda to all members as and when necessary.
Powers and duties of office bearers of the managing committee
- President: The president will be head of society and shall preside over all the meetings and will exercise all financial, executive and administrative control over all the affairs of the society.
- Vice president: The vice president shall exercise all powers in absence of the president and shall exercise all his powers and perform all his duties.
- Secretary: The secretary of the society shall exercise the following powers and shall have the following duties.
- i. All the correspondence of the society shall be done by the secretary with the approval of the president.
- ii. He shall call meetings, ordinary and special, under the direction of the President and frame agenda and issue notices to members and record minutes of the meetings.
- iii. He shall keep all records of the society.
- iv. Subject to general control of the president, he shall supervise all the property of the society.
- Joint Secretary : The joint secretary shall :
- i. Ensure the implementation of the orders of the President and resolutions of the General Body and Managing Committee.
- ii. Maintain the records and shall be responsible for the maintenance of the record and coordination of the activities of the society in collaboration with Secretary.
- Treasurer : The Treasurer shall
- i. Receive all kinds of society deposits, donation etc. .and deposit these in bank/post office as decided by the Managing Committee and will jointly operate the accounts of the society along with President and Secretary.
Maintain complete accounts of the society and get them approved in the general meeting of the society and to prepare the annual balance sheet so as to give complete information regarding the assets and liabilities of the society.
The manner of the investment of the funds, keeping of account and for annual or periodical audit of the account by a certified charted accountant
- The funds of the society generated through membership fee or donation/sponsorship will be kept in a nationalized bank in a saving account jointly operated at least by two of the three authorized signatory however the Management committee can decide to keep the selfless funds in the form of fixed deposit.
- The year of the society for the financial purpose shall be 1st April to 31st march every year
- The audit of accounts will be done annually by a qualified chartered accountant. The person to be appointed for the said purpose will be selected at the General Body meeting held at the beginning of the financial year.
Altering & rescinding of Rules and Regulation of Society( As per privision of Section 12 & 12-A of society registeration Act.1860
Any amendment to the constitution of the Society can be proposed at the Annual meeting or at a meeting convened specially for the purpose. The Secretary shall give notice of resolutions are to be moved. The amendment will be considered to have been passed only when a quorum of all the executive members would be present for making any amendments in the constitution. Any amendment passed should be with at least 75% of executive members saying ‘Yes’ to the amendment. All appeals shall be performed to the General Body whose decision shall be final.
The manner of dissolution of the society as per provision of section 13 & 14 of society registeration Act.1860
The manner of dissolution of society as per provision of Section 13 & 14 of Society Registration Act 1860.
- The income and property of the Society will be applied solely towards the promotion of the objectives of the Society as set forth in the memorandum of the society and no part there of shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly to the members of the society.
- No member of the governing body of the society shall be appointed to any salaried office of the society, or any office of society paid by fees. No remuneration shall be given by the society to any member of Society, except repayment of out of pocket expenses and interest on money lent or rent for premises.